The growth of Timber Frame construction has seen the need to ensure that renewable energy systems work alongside this rapid form of construction. The construction sector is constantly evolving and technology is moving with it. At Eartheat we have seen significant changes in requirements for higher standards in construction practices. Engineered Wood, Timber I-beams and Laminated Beams are now products that have evolved to satisfy this requirement for better and offer more environmentally sound construction practices. As such, Underfloor Heating systems have now evolved to allow for an efficient and rapid form of installation which allows for optimum performance both during the build and also during occupancy.
Advantages of Timber Frame Flooring
The performance of a floor is matter of engineering. Many factors affect the perceived performance of a floor. These include:
- The depth of the joist or beam - The stiffness of a floor can be markedly improved by increasing joist depth. For example, a 25% increase in joist depth will double the floor stiffness.
- The spacing of the joist or beam system - The stiffness of a floor increases in proportion to reductions in joist spacing.
- Continuous or simple joist or beam spans - Allowing joists to span over internal load-bearing walls instead of breaking them at these joints can increase floor stiffness.
- The decking and flooring material - Thicker decking slightly improves floor performance - 22mm chipboard increases floor stiffness compared to 18mm chipboard and means less 'local' deflection under foot.
- The fixing of the decking or flooring material to the joist - Gluing the floor deck to the joists significantly improves floor stiffness.
- The ceiling material below the joist - Directly applied ceiling boards can improve floor performance.
- Level bearings - Unlevelled bearings can mean joists feel spongy under foot near bearing positions.
- The location of walls, furniture and other items - The position and size of dead loads on floors can either dampen or exaggerate the dynamic response of floors under foot.
At Eartheat we provide an optimum solution to underfloor heating in all areas of your building. We utilise a unique system which combined with Engineered beams makes for a rapid and perfect installation.
Eartheat can be contacted for all enquiries for Underfloor Heating at www.eartheat.com or by calling 01455 203017. Our Underfloor Heating case studies can be viewed by clicking here.